SERVES 6 – Preparation 15 mins – Cooking time 40 mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced). Rub beef with oil and sprinkle with paprika. Season. Place beef on a rack over a large roasting tin and cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and stock. Add onions and mushrooms. Season and stir to combine. Remove beef from oven. Reduce heat to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Pour mushroom sauce into base of roasting tin. Return to oven and cook beef for a further 20-25 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer beef to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Add sour cream to mushrooms in pan and stir to combine. Season.
- Thinly slice beef. Serve with mushroom sauce, rice, rocket leaves, pickles and parsley.
- Beef eye fillet, scotch fillet or topside would also work well in this recipe.
- Beef rump or topside could also be thinly sliced into strips, pan-fried and tossed in sauce for a classic beef stroganoff.
- Pasta, mashed potato or polenta would also be great side dishes.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.