SERVES 4 – Preparation 10 mins – Cooking time 10 mins
- This is cooked in a classic stir fry method. Super easy. First, shred the kaffir lime leaves as fine as you can, and if you fancy it, chop the chilli to your liking; seeds in or seeds out, depending on how hot you and the family like (seeds in hotter).
- Now onto the coriander. Starting from the roots, finely slice the coriander until you get to the leafy part of the herb, then roughly chop the leaves so that they are quite chunky.
- Put a pan on high heat, add vegetable oil and when it’s good and hot, add the beef strips so they sear and sizzle. Season with salt and pepper and stir fry for no more than 2 minutes.
- Next, add the coriander root and most of the chopped coriander leaves, kaffir lime leaf (and chilli if you’re game). Fry for another minute before throwing in the rice noodles. Toss everything together for a further minute, before adding the oyster sauce. Mix all the ingredients together so that everything is covered with the sauce.
- You’re done! Remove everything from the pan, serve in a bowl garnished with the remaining fresh coriander leaves.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.