SERVES 4 – Preparation 15 mins – Cooking time 140 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.
- Bring heavy based casserole to a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. oil and brown lamb racks all over and set aside. Add another tbsp. oil , then add potato halves, onion, and salt and cook until golden brown, about 8-‐10 minutes. Place lamb racks on top of vegetables and add wine, 2tbsp maple syrup and stock to deglaze pan, scraping off the bottom of the pan. Add orange peel and oregano and cover with lid. Place into the oven for 2 hours.
- Change oven to grill, uncover lamb, add peas, and squash, brush lamb with remaining maple syrup and allow to crisp up for 20 minutes , serve immediately.
- Feel free to vary the vegetables for any vegetables you like.
- Substitute sweet potato here for a lower GI option.
- You can substitute honey instead of maple syrup.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE “MEAT CUTS” APP
Learn how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods: MLA has launched a new smartphone app to help consumers improve their knowledge of meat cuts and cooking methods to give them more confidence when it comes to cooking beef, veal, lamb and goat.
The ‘”Meat Cuts” app educates consumers on how to best match meat cuts with cooking methods with just a few taps on their mobile.
Find Meat Cuts for free in Google Play and The Apple Store.