SERVES 4 – Preparation 15 mins – Cooking time 15 mins
250g dried thin egg noodles½ cup hoisin sauce2 tablespoons honey2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar2 tablespoons vegetable or peanut oil750g pork scotch steaks, cut into thin strips 4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and cut into 4cm lengths1 large carrot, halved lengthways and thinly sliced diagonally1 red capsicum, quartered, deseeded and cut into thin strips
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed and cut into 4cm pieces1/3 cup roasted cashews, chopped, to serve
- Cook noodles following packet directions until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Combine hoisin sauce, honey and rice wine vinegar in a jug. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat.
- Stir-fry pork in small batches for 2-3 minutes, adding extra oil to wok if necessary, until evenly browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the wok over high heat.
- Add green onions, carrot, capsicum and broccolini. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and cook for 1-2 minutes until broccolini is vibrant and just tender.
- Return pork to wok and add hoisin sauce mixture. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until pork is just cooked through.
- Serve with noodles and chopped cashews.