SERVES 6 – Preparation 45 mins – Cooking time 87 mins
FRESH CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
8 steggles chicken drumsticks, seasoned with salt and pepper2 tablespoons olive oil600ml passata1 cup chicken stock¼ red capsicum, sliced
- Preheat oven to 185°C.
- Put a large heavy based pot on a medium to high heat on the stove top.
- Add oil and brown the seasoned chicken drumsticks on all sides and turn the heat down.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Bring the mix up to a simmer for a minute or two.
- Place in the oven with the lid on but not sealed (just off centre a little) – this will stop any mess getting in the oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes – 1 hour or until the mix is saucy and thick.